Friday, December 10, 2010

Do Tv Prices Drop After Superbowl

My favorite book

Someone asked me on a reading, except what my favorite book among my own books. I only had time to think a bit. Somehow, an all these projects so dear to the heart. But some closer than others. Some (own) books still cast shadows. Such is with me with "Bisduvergisst" (see also here ).

blurb:
summer of 2009, while the Landshut wedding. As the 82-year-old Irma Schwand receives the devastating diagnosis Alzheimer's, she asked the Munich Kea Laverde ghostwriter to write down their memories. The autobiography is for her granddaughter Julie. But shortly after the last interview with Irma, the girl is found murdered. During the cocoon of oblivion is tightening closes at the old lady, Kea discovered that Irma has for decades covered a murder - a fact that in the last weeks of the 2nd World War II was ... The starting point
I was on the question of what actually happens when a dementia patient witnesses a murder, forgets what he has seen, but the experience comes back to shreds. I wanted to show a figure a patient with Alzheimer's disease and knows this.
initial thoughts of well known authors are changing the course of a project, and I came from pretty far away the source question. Remained the figure of Irma Schwand, an Alzheimer patient, that happiness is late is that her granddaughter Julia moves in with her. Between the two seems to be a spiritual kinship to exist. Irma loves Julie idolatrous. But then Julie is murdered, and the shock of Irma's illness gives a boost. It sinks into the oblivion.

main character Kea Laverde, ghostwriter, is in contact with Irma because Irma asked her to write her life story. And here I am as a writer comes in: Irma's life story in "Bisduvergisst" is fictitious only in part - a large part of their experiences, of which she says goes back Kea, in the final weeks of the Second World War. Almost the exact same story has a contemporary witness told me, first of all we came out without purpose. Later I thought then I could use this for our generation is completely unimaginable adventure for a novel, and asked the eyewitness to their permission. I got - if the source would remain anonymous.

There I was - with Irma's funeral, a true story and the claim: it is supposed to be a thriller. Irma's life story so I've given a murder. Irma Schwand feels his life an unbearable guilt on their shoulders. But only Keas research bring to light that Irma ...

Well.

Presumably it simply: "Bisduvergisst" is so close to me, because I - Once upon a ghost - as Kea. I listened, a true story was re-established narrative, if alienated for the recovery of fiction. Real people and real stories leave you cold just anyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment