Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mariah.carey.butterfly.ring

Exposé - the hardest and heaviest paperwork

I find really. The exposé - so a good one that I can let it out of hand, and that in good conscience, one that says everything, but not too much - this is the worst piece of paperwork that I can think of.
If I have even started a novel, my characters take me by the hand and lead me. Or I tell them what I expect of them. Usually both go into one another. In the course of writing I get used to the sound of this new story, I was investigating its own soundtrack. I get to know places and time periods in the life of my characters and set them in relation to each other. In short, I am in it. Really. Sometimes I show up and gasp for air, on those days when nothing goes really. But still I am in it. The story is already a part of me, the plot has been woven into my daily life.

different with Exposé: I do where I come along who wants to go and is there - but I do not see the road. I imagine a way, but I'm not yet. All those little coincidences and sudden complications that arise only at the letter lying still hidden in the dark. Happy moments, unexpected findings, unplanned camera movements, which give the Book of breath may occur not in the exposé. It is important It is essential, but it is not the book.
Your proposal is very technical, even technocratic, somehow lifeless. It is purely a selling point, initially. Later it becomes the compass of the novel. This, however, at a time when I've already made friends with him.

For all authors who are doing similar, I've put together some tips that have helped me come up with better zurande exposés. Mind you: There are no indications to look like an exposé, but how you (like me) better with this very special type of text comes into gear (come):

Add a quick, first draft (range 45 minutes should).
Forget all the details here. Concentrate on the big line.
Grab the strongest characters and bring them into the combustion chamber.

Take your exposé on the next day.
Find out where the passion is hidden in your novel.
Where should I be honest? More honest? A bit ironic?
Where's freshness, youth, a smile?

edit Well, until the Disgust flies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment